Have you been getting used to your new iPad and wondering how to do the simple stuff that is so easy on your Windows PC, iMac or Linux workstation?
Here are five quick tips for new iPad users to help you get productive and make it work for you. they all work on iOS 5 & 6
- See all open iPad apps – To see all open apps displayed on the multitasking bar at the bottom of the screen either:
- Double-click the Home button
- Use four or five fingers to swipe up
- To close a running app – Touch and hold any icon on the bottom bar until the icons start moving, then tap the minus sign on the icon of the running app to close it.
- To switch between open apps – Use four or five fingers swipe left or right
- Close a book in iBooks to choose another – Tap the screen once and menu options will appear, then tap library in the top left corner to go back to he bookshelf.
- Download PDFs to iBooks via Browser – In iPad Safari tap a PDF download which will download and display in the browser. Touch the screen, and tap the “Open in iBooks” button at the top. When opened in iBooks, the PDF file is automatically added to the library.
Practice the gestures, and the five quick tips above particularly the four finger swipe, and they soon become second nature. Have fun with your new iPad!