Can you visualize using Linkedin in your marketing, but not yet seen how to fit it into your campaign? Have you heard about the potential benefits Linkedin, but not yet joined the chorus? Do you feel that Linkedin is under rated, but are not sure how to build on the platform?
Linkedin has a bit of a reputation of being the social media underdog. But for business marketing, there’s a huge opportunity. As with all social media marketing, there are a few things you need to know
- LinkedIn is great for networking; if you want to be discovered, put yourself where people are looking.
- Make sure your profile describes your interests and activities. You want people like you to find you, so make sure they know what you do. A good profile will help you appear in keyword searches too.
- Be consistent and use your LinkedIn profile to link to your business website or blog, so that people know what you do professionally.
- Social media can help to build your image, so ensure that your websites, blogs, comments, profiles and tags contribute to your online business brand.
- Maintaining an online brand as part of your marketing strategy requires sustained effort so be in it for the long haul.
If you are serious about your online marketing strategy, and want to use Linkedin to build a following around your brand, here is a check list of twelve things you need to do:
- Update your Linkedin Profile to include your brand message.
- Connect with others to build up your network.
- Join as many groups in your niche as you can.
- Post quality content to your groups.
- Participate in discussions to give back to the group.
- Answer questions in LinkedIn Answers area.
- Integrate your LinkedIn account with Twitter.
- Link to LinkedIn from Facebook and other social media.
- Let people know that you have viewed their profile
- Add the Linkedin share plugin on your websites and blogs
- Set a regular time slot to review and contribute LinkedIn content and stick to it.
- Consider using LinkedIn Ads
If you are dedicated to marketing using Linkedin, why not start a Linkedin Group for each of your products and start building a following around your brand. Like all social media, the secret is to post to it frequently so that it is always fresh and current.
If you can, make a habit of sharing an interesting piece of content every day, to build up your presence. This can take less than 15 minutes per day and you should consider that time as an investment in your personal online brand. Time on LinkedIn well spent!
Why not get a marketing boost by integrating Linkedin into your business strategy?